G.B. Silicone Technology Limited - A well-established family owned group of companies with a turnover in the region of £5m. summ.it have been working with G.B. Silicone for over 10 years.
Whilst an internal member of G.B. Silicone staff is available for minor, day to day issues G.B. Silicone require additional technical support at all levels and management of the systems and on-going IT strategy as a whole
summ.it provide essential IT services that include: break-fix support, from low-level first line support to third line server and networking support both remotely and onsite; on-going IT strategy advice & guidance; project design, management & implementation; the assessment & selection of solutions & 3rd party providers; liaise with 3rd party line-of-business solution providers to ensure seamless integration with the core IT systems & services common to all SMBs such as G.B. Silicone.
- On-going protection against infection and unauthorised access to systems, both internally and externally, through the use of antivirus, antispyware, antispam & firewall solutions.
- Comprehensive data access restrictions to ensure that sensitive & confidential information such as legal, financial and HR remains that way and may only be accessed by approved employees.
- Fostered a warm yet professional relationship between summ.it staff and G.B. Silicone staff at all levels due to time spent onsite providing technical support, advice and guidance instead of simply providing an anonymous phone-based service.
- Enhanced productivity through the use of secure remote access and remote control solutions, such as virtual private network (VPN) connections and Remote Desktop & Terminal Services, allowing employees to work 24/7 wherever they may be in the world.
- Implemented and supported smartphone solutions including Windows Mobile, Blackberry and iPhone devices.
- Ensured that all Microsoft services such as file, email, print & security as well as 3rd party line-of-business systems were upgraded on time and on budget with virtually no disruption to the day to day use of the IT systems.
- Provided the services of a full IT department for less than a third of the cost of employing an internal IT department but with significantly increased knowledge and experience not normally found with in-house IT staff.